For those of you who are planning to visit the Maitland Aroma Festival 2013 next weekend (17th & 18th of August), here’s a little infographic of Australian coffee statistics to get you in the mood.
- Australians consume 67.5 million kgs of coffee per year. Enough to fill over 26 Olympic Swimming Pools.
- 80% of coffee consumption in Australia occurs in the home.
- Coffee grown in Australia comes mostly from the border of NSW and QLD. The subtropical climate makes the coffee low in acidity, low in caffeine and naturally sweet.
- The most expensive cup comes from NT. The cheapest is found in NSW.
- The Cappuccino is the most popular coffee drink in Australia.